Answers to most frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Although VORTEK Spaces is very easy and intuitive, you will find in this FAQ some of the most common questions asked by our user community . We also offer tutorials, free webinars on a regular basis and complete online training courses.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact the sales or support departments in the online chat.
What is the procedure to create a user account?
- To use VORTEK Spaces, you first need to start your subscription on the website www.vortekspaces.com
- Once the subscription launch, you’ll receive an activation e-mail for your license.
- Choose a password for the application, this one can be different from the password used for the transactional website.
What are the system requirements to use VORTEK Spaces?
- Windows 10
- Processor 4 Cores 2.0 GHz
- 4 GB Ram
- Integrated or Dedicated Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 5000 or superior
- 40 GB Disk Space available
- Windows 10 64bits
- CPU with benchmark score of 2000 or higher here
- 16 GB Ram or more
- Dedicated graphics card with benchmark over 6000 here
- 60 GB Disk Space available
*Rendering 2K and 4K videos require a minimum of 6gb of dedicated memory on the graphics card.
*Using a SSD drive to save & store your projects will also reduce the loading and saving times.
*VORTEK Spaces can run on a Mac computer only if it has a version of Windows installed, but we do not officially support it.
New PC purchase: If you are looking at upgrading or getting a new computer to run VORTEK Spaces, do not hesitate to ask for advices: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to begin my free trial?
- To begin a free trial, you need to go here : https://vortekspaces.com/gratuit
- You will be able to use the application completely for a period of 15 days. No payment method is required at this step.
- At the end of the trial period, you can connect again to your account to enter a payment method.
How to install VORTEK Spaces on my computer?
You can install VORTEK Spaces from the apps store Microsoft Store available on Windows 10.
Note that you don’t have to connect to your Microsoft account in the Store to download VORTEK Spaces application.
Can I install VORTEK Spaces on more than one computer with my subscription?
VORTEK Spaces can be installed on as many computers as you like. However one subscription corresponds usually as one user and this user can connect on one VORTEK Spaces application at the same time.
Subscriptions with multiple users or licenses is also offered.
What type of 3D files are supported by VORTEK Spaces?
Here are the 3D files supported by VORTEK Spaces:
- Cabinet Vision (.vok)
- SketchUp (.vok)
- COLLADA (.dae)
- glTF (.glb)
Is it necessary to install a plugin or extension to import my CABINET VISION projects?
Good news, you don’t have anything to install: the export of VOK (VORTEK Spaces format) is included in CABINET VISION 9.0 and the more recent versions.
All the users from CABINET VISION 2021 can export natively to DXF 3D, you need to have xRendering or Photovision module to export a VOK.
- To export, go in the 3D screen, click on Utility tab and Export Collada.
- Once the window is opened, chose the VOK export format ans save.
How to import a design from another project?
When for example, you want to present two versions of the same project but with modifications from one to another.
- Begin to make the first version of the project in VORTEK Spaces
- From your favorite CAO software, export a new VOK and open it as a new project in VORTEK Spaces
- Click in the save menu at and click on Import a design.
The materials, lights, 3D models, etc. will be apply in your new project.
I can't find a supplier or a specific product in the materials or 3D model libraries provided. Where can I find this product to use it in my project?
Independently from the app updates, we are constantly updating the materials and 3D model libraries. Don’t hesitate to communicate with us to share your demands: we are here for you!
You want to use a picture from a material unavailable in the library? It’s possible to import your own pictures.
See this video for more details: https://youtu.be/l_ziDmZx–8?t=2m50s
Is there any keyboard shortcuts in VORTEK Spaces?
Yes, the keyboard shortcuts will allow you to work more rapidly and efficiently to navigate and apply the operations in the application. Go to the keyboard-shortcut’s page to access to our new memory aid which contains the resume of the different shortcuts and possible actions.